With the major reworking of skills, feats, and low amount of
magic in the world, I need to redo a lot of the standard classes. This led me to the thought that I may just
want to start from scratch.
This brought up the following possibilities:
-
Have only one class.
Each character would choose a number of class skills, with the ability
to take more with feats later on.
Characters would all be on an exactly level playing field, but would
perhaps not feel as unique as they do in other games.
-
Have three classes.
Similar to Dragon Age, Fighter, Rogue, and another. With no ‘magic’ class, I was thinking
perhaps a Sage type, though this feels weak to me for some reason.
-
Have many specialised classes. Much like regular Dungeons and Dragons. This would give me the opportunity to make the Aristocrat a
viable class, as I would like the option for players to start as nobles, with
all the advantages and disadvantages that brings. This would be the most work however.
Prestige classes would be those that have gained access to
magic, almost always through a spirit, though the initial steps would be
through feats, which would be the prerequisites for the classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment